Les Paul SC or PRS DC

JackyB

I feel a bit silly for asking all these questions, but I'm new to all this, so please bare with me. First of all I love the designs of both the LP SC and PRS DC, but I need to decide on one for my first project. I know either way I go, I want a carved top. The PRS' carved top looks very intimidating to do, whereas the LP will still be difficult, doesn't look nearly as difficult to do. Which one do you recommend I do as a first project? Thanks again for any help and/or insight.

Wow, that looks incredibly cool. Makes me want to do one of my own, but I know I'd end up with a disaster. I had another idea of making a Wolfgang, that would probably be fairly easy. I would probably use all the wiring etc. from a LP for more tone options. Then I could just buy a LP copy from JHS or something. Has anyone ever tried a Van Halen style body? Are they carved top? Thanks again for all this info. :D

Wolfgangs are easy to do (however, I have no pix)

If I remember correctly, Wolfgangs have a carved top & Wolfgang specials do not

I am not a huge fan of the shape...I thought the EBMM Van Halen was much cooler IMO

I've been doing some Googling, and yeah most of the Wolfgangs have carved tops. I didn't like the shape either the first time I saw one, but it kind of grew on me. The headstock is particularly fascinating. Probably my biggest obstacle would be finding a decent build plan and/or templates. I'm thinking I might stick with the LP just for simplicity's sake...