Pickup Faceoff

wohzah

So I am looking into the pickups for my next build (a strat shaped semihollow, singlepickup). I am deciding between lipstick tube pickup or a normal stratocaster single coil. I am looking for a good texas blues sound slightly overdiven, to a more classic rock style sound heavily overdriven. On the clean side I want a pronounced aggresive tone filled by the sustain of the semi hollow, well suited to generic classic rock rythm guitar. thoughts?

I've never heard of a high-output lipstick tube. I'm sure someone makes one somewhere (probably GFS), but they're legendary for their sparkly low-output clean. I wouldn't wanna mess with that formula just to say that it's lipstick.

You're spoiled for choice in higher-output strat-style pickups, though. Classic Rock Rhythm... mmm.... p90..... :D:D

I'm actually not AS gung-ho on p90s as I used to be. I'm starting to wear thin on them I think. But if you're talking single-coil, and you're talking driven blues and classic rock, there can be only one answer. B)

Looking at p90's and hearing a few samples I am about to faint. So much talk about them never thought it really applied (yes thats possible). Thanks for the advice. I also love the look of soapbars.

:D

I've never heard of a high-output lipstick tube. I'm sure someone makes one somewhere (probably GFS), but they're legendary for their sparkly low-output clean. I wouldn't wanna mess with that formula just to say that it's lipstick.

You're spoiled for choice in higher-output strat-style pickups, though. Classic Rock Rhythm... mmm.... p90..... :D:D

I'm actually not AS gung-ho on p90s as I used to be. I'm starting to wear thin on them I think. But if you're talking single-coil, and you're talking driven blues and classic rock, there can be only one answer. B)

Just a little planning issue, are there specfic poles that one should use to line up the p90 or should I just make sure it is centered?

So I am looking into the pickups for my next build (a strat shaped semihollow, singlepickup). I am deciding between lipstick tube pickup or a normal stratocaster single coil. I am looking for a good texas blues sound slightly overdiven, to a more classic rock style sound heavily overdriven. On the clean side I want a pronounced aggresive tone filled by the sustain of the semi hollow, well suited to generic classic rock rythm guitar. thoughts?

Is this what you mean???

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-disc...ron-kirn-4.html

There is a demo on you tube of these pickups.