Tell Me I Did Not Just Do This! How Do I Fix It?

After applying 4 thin coats of sanding sealer to my guitar and sanding slightly with 320 grit paper I proceeded to spraying on nitro lacquer. I sprayed about 6 thin coats, two at a session, mixed 50/50 with lacquer thinner, over a day and a half. Then it was time to mix up another batch and start spraying again. I spray another 4 thin coats, two at time, over a 24 hour period...then I realized that the last batch I mixed was made of sanding sealer instead of lacquer thinner! I had picked up and opened the wrong can for the second batch and sprayed more sanding sealer on top of the lacquer!

What do I do now? I'm thinking that I should wait for 24 hours, then sand back to what I can only guess is half of the total finish applied so far. Please help with some advice here. GEEZ...what a STUPID MOVE!

Next time don't use sanding sealer, I have done both and I can tell you there is no need, plus the SS will make the finish softer than nitro alone.

Now on your situation you could just continue finishing with lacquer as long as the SS didn't make the finish look dull (milky?) Just wetsand with 600 to get most of it out, it will be easier to sand than the lacquer so be careful, and continue finishing.

Next time don't use sanding sealer, I have done both and I can tell you there is no need, plus the SS will make the finish softer than nitro alone.

Now on your situation you could just continue finishing with lacquer as long as the SS didn't make the finish look dull (milky?) Just wetsand with 600 to get most of it out, it will be easier to sand than the lacquer so be careful, and continue finishing.

No, it did not appear to have clouded up the finish, maybe because it was mixed 50/50 with lacquer thinner. But I think I would like to remove some of it anyway. How long should I wait before I wetsand with 600? I think I should let it cure for awhile first, right?

Edited by Stolysmaster