Individual String Bridge For Guitar

well ive been on the search for individual string bridges, the ones used on hardtail multiscales for a while now, and i found that maker of the abm ones has passed away, so they are no longer in production, so i was wondering are there any places (besides allparts, who are charging $65 each for them) that sell them or another company or person that sells individual string bridges for guitars ?

thankyou, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Alternatively, you could get some strat saddles and devise your own "mini-bridge" for each. That's exactly how Novax did/does their production guitars.

hey erik, thanks for that, i think ill go that route, thanks very much.

and gregp, i thought about doing that, just taking a top loading strat style hardtail bridge, taking off the saddles, and then somehow making 7 individual bases, i could cut up the standard one into strips, but that'd look ugly haha

Dude, the $65 ones are the ones with a fine-tuner on the end. The straight hard-tail ones are $28 each.

That's still $140 for a bridge. Dang! I agree with GregP: scavenge the saddles from a Wilkinson hardtail and make your own base.

Honestly, though, why would you need individual saddles unless you're doing a multi-scale?

Honestly, though, why would you need individual saddles unless you're doing a multi-scale?

Read the OP. :D

For my 8-stringer I actually did purchase a pair of Tele bridges and chopped them up to make four sets of saddle pairs, the idea being to stagger them for the multiscale. In the end I was not terribly happy with how they looked or felt (especially when palm muting), so I bagged the idea.

I know Conklin for one has done this trick with Tele bridges....I just didn't care for it. So I made my own wooden bridge to hold Strat piezo saddles.

Yeah its $140, but where else are you going to find a multiscale bridge?

Now judge this as crap if you want to but I’ve heard (reading an article on bass guitars) that using individual bridge saddles and plates help eliminate vibration transfer to other strings. So, when you play a chord with open strings you won’t get residual vibration from the strings that are not supposed to be ringing.

I’m not sure I buy into this as I’ve never really tested it myself but it seems some what viable.

Not really one topic but it's another reason for using them besides the multiscale.