Looking For A Replacement Strat Neck

My Fender Strat Ultra is in dire need of a re-fret. I've had it ten years, played it lots and had the frets dressed a couple of times. The frets are pretty low at the heel. I think that it may even need a bit of fingerboard planing at the heel.

For now, I'd like to get a replacement neck for the guitar while I fix the original neck to minimize downtime - I need the guitar 'cos I'm in a working band. I've got other projects on the go and just don't want to spend the time of figuring out how to make a Strat neck out of 1 piece of wood plus the fingerboard - its just not my specialty and don't have templates etc. With the price of an atermarket neck at around $129, I don't think its worth the hassle of making my own from scratch.

The specs are Maple with walnut skunk stripe, ebony board with pearl dots, 12" radius, headstock truss rod adjustment. Unfinished would be fine. Does anyone know where I could get such a neck? I'd like something nice 'cos I could use it on a custom build... eventually.The specs don't have to be exact but I really want the 12" radius, headstock truss rod adjustment and ebony wood (something like wenge could also be cool)

So where could I find this? I tried www.relicmasters.com and he has exactly what I want except for the truss rod adjustment and he won't make me one. Would anyone here be willing to make me one?

A modern 90's Fender decal would be nice too, just t complete the look.

Please help!

Edited by guitar2005

Seems like a fairly simple order, try Warmoth.

They don't make what I want in stock form. everything is an option and costs more. I just want a simple neck.

Check their wenge fingerboad price - an extra $100.00 over rosewood?

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks....t_vintagemodern

Man, what are they smoking? I can get a piece of wenge of that size for 15.00 or less locally.

Edited by guitar2005

My Fender Strat Ultra is in dire need of a re-fret. I've had it ten years, played it lots and had the frets dressed a couple of times. The frets are pretty low at the heel. I think that it may even need a bit of fingerboard planing at the heel.

For now, I'd like to get a replacement neck for the guitar while I fix the original neck to minimize downtime - I need the guitar 'cos I'm in a working band. I've got other projects on the go and just don't want to spend the time of figuring out how to make a Strat neck out of 1 piece of wood plus the fingerboard - its just not my specialty and don't have templates etc. With the price of an atermarket neck at around $129, I don't think its worth the hassle of making my own from scratch.

The specs are Maple with walnut skunk stripe, ebony board with pearl dots, 12" radius, headstock truss rod adjustment. Unfinished would be fine. Does anyone know where I could get such a neck? I'd like something nice 'cos I could use it on a custom build... eventually.The specs don't have to be exact but I really want the 12" radius, headstock truss rod adjustment and ebony wood (something like wenge could also be cool)

So where could I find this? I tried www.relicmasters.com and he has exactly what I want except for the truss rod adjustment and he won't make me one. Would anyone here be willing to make me one?

A modern 90's Fender decal would be nice too, just to complete the look.

Please help!

Try Mighty Mite. They make a compound radius 12" to 9.5" neck with ebony fingerboard for about $125. You could probably get one off of E-Bay . If not just do a search on the Web. I've used their necks before and they are good. In fact I just posted here saying that I preferred their's to Warmoth.

:D

Why a skunk stripe? Pretty much guarantees you won't find one. Those are there for installing the truss rod when a neck is one piece. With a separate fretboard, they aren't required because the truss rod channel can be milled into the neck before the fret board is glued on.

DR

Edited by Don Ramsay