Would You Fill This Grain Or Let It Show As A Feature?

bluesy

My New Guinea rosewood has arrived. The grain is very nice, and with an interesting open pattern. I was wondering if I should fill it, as planned, or perhaps let it show through as a 'feature'. It is possible to have a glossy surface but still have grain ripple showing, and would it look any good? Or am I just being silly?

ngr_grain.jpg

NGR.jpg

I guess i'd see how it polishes then. I would try various things on scrap pieces - burnishing the wood with 0000 steel wool, then polishing. Black CA grainfill, scraping and polishing, polishing and oiling....try as much as you can and see what does it for you....this is based purely on how i'd "try out" a wood i've no experience with before committing to a workpiece.

I guess i'd see how it polishes then. I would try various things on scrap pieces - burnishing the wood with 0000 steel wool, then polishing. Black CA grainfill, scraping and polishing, polishing and oiling....try as much as you can and see what does it for you....this is based purely on how i'd "try out" a wood i've no experience with before committing to a workpiece.

Yep, I'll have to experiment with the offcuts.