Ngr Es335 Finished

bluesy

It is virtually finished - the guitar I have been building from New Guinea Rosewood body and Queensland Maple neck (see http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=37360).

There's a couple of things I may change, but it is looking good and is nice to play right now. I might alter the pickguard a little as I am trying a design where all the controls are on the pickguard (you can see the slide switches and might just be able to make out the volume and tone control wheels poking out from the underside just above them), and I might position it a little differently. Also I am trying a slightly thicker neck. I am used to modern, thin necks, but have read that something a bit thicker might cause less ache in my hand when playing for a long time (the start of carpal tunnel? I hope not). Anyway, I can always thin it down a bit mor later after I have given it a good try.

playable.jpg

Looks beautiful...well done. I'd like to see a bit more detail on the controls and how the back turned out. A thicker neck can really help with hand problems (remember Jeff Becks baseball bat styled strat)...I kind of like the idea even of asymmetrical necks with a bit more "meat" behind the lower strings. Careful you don't go to thin at this stage.

The guitar top is stunning though...well done

pete

Here's a pic of the controls

Yes, I don't like the pickguard sitting on top of the pickup rings either. At the moment, I have it secured by one screw only because I haven't decided on it's final position. I will probably have to add the conventional cut-outs for the pickup rings so it can sit down further around them.

controls.jpg

Here's a shot of the guitar turned over.

back.jpg

Here's a pic of the controls

Yes, I don't like the pickguard sitting on top of the pickup rings either. At the moment, I have it secured by one screw only because I haven't decided on it's final position. I will probably have to add the conventional cut-outs for the pickup rings so it can sit down further around them.

controls.jpg

Here's a shot of the guitar turned over.

back.jpg

makes a lot of difference to me

great job

Thanks guys.

I am just doing the tidy-up bits now - for example, painting some clear finish on the edges inside the f-holes with an artist's brush, and I need to put a cover over the truss rod end.

It's probably a common thing, but I find I get very picky about details. The closer to finished it is, the more tiny things I find to fix up (and sadly, more things I find that I will have to do better on next time). But it's been a great first experience - largely to all the help from this forum. :D