Wanted: Maple Top (uk)

easyrider66689

• 1 month later...

Who is Daivd Dyke? I am new here so yeah dunno where to get this stuff from.

Have you tried the usual suppliers (David Dyke, Touchstone Tonewoods, The other one that I've forgotten the name of), or are you after a private sale.

I see that you're new, so don't know if you know the suppliers or not, don't want you to think I was taking the p*ss :D

type the name into a google search.

like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=na...mp;q=david+dyke

now that first link seems to be about guitar making so click on it and it give you this

http://www.luthierssupplies.co.uk/

:D

Sorry, just poking fun, but in all seriousness you could have found it in the time it took to post your reply

:D

The thing about David Dyke is that it's fairly expensive..... BUT, you do get what you paid for and the stuff is really top notch. The name that was evading me was Craft Supplies near Buxton. Last time I used them, they were fairly cheep and as queeny is from that part of the country I can call in on one of the (too frequent) trips up there.

Also mate, since you're new, I'd try to track down a copy of "Build Your Own Electric Guitar" by Melvin Hiscock (who is actually a member here now, but I haven't seen him around for ages). Well worth the money if you haven't already got it.

Edited by ToneMonkey

i didnt think david was that expensive... maybe a little more than craft supplies but the difference is i can order from david unseen and know its good - i wont order from craft supplies unless i can get up there in person. although i havnt been to craft supplies in two years, so i am not aware if they solved the issues tehy were having with sawing wood

I think I only ever bought a slotted fret board from David Dyke so couldn't comment on the wood. I have ordered a fair few tools from him and they were what I meant was fairly pricey, but good stuff (which is why it's more pricey). Although I saw a really nice bit of wood from him sitting in my mates shed once.

Nice bloke on the phone too.

Not sure if craft supplies still cut wood with a teaspoon. Although I bought some hardware from there once and when I got it home, there was two sets in the box, so they've always had a bit of favour with me.