Nuts And Saddles

Woodenspoke

I have been selling Nuts and saddles on eBay under woodenspoke for several years now, but have yet to offer my goods here. I import Bone from India which means Water Buffalo bone not Cow bone. I do not see any difference having worked with both materials, the major difference I see is price. Normally I don't mention this fact because I stand by the products I sell. But this is PG and you work from a higher standard. So far no one has complained in two years or made a return. I also have several clients who buy in 50 piece lots, so it is not just one off sales to small home builders but also to small shops as well.

I sell 5 Bone sizes. Fender, Gibson, Martin, standard Saddles and a large wide Saddle. See my auctions and ebay store for a rough price range and exact sizes. I can provide bone in any quantity desired.

Store: eBay link Pennington Luthier Supply

I also sell Buffalo horn, Martin sized nuts and Standard Saddles.

I know of no one who sells Buffalo horn saddles. This product is cut on the bandsaw by me, again oversize. I can also provide quantity and custom cut pieces, rough cut to your specifications. All of this horn is pure back. Again check on my ebay store for rough price range.

I also sell second class bone, a chip on the edge, slight color variation, too yellow (yes yellow like in aged, Ha), not white enough and anything else you can think of. Namely the odd pieces out. If its garbage I toss it, these are good usable pieces. I have been auctioning them off in 1/2lb lots in a mix of all 5 sizes and they generally sell for around $20 plus shipping. I can provide numerous 1/2 lb lots of this (see picture below) at $15 per lot which includes shipping within the US. Successive lots in the same order would be $12 each.

I can accept Paypal or Postal Money orders (US only), or in the case of a great deal, a trade (looking for hollow forms 25 deg and 15 deg and sand paper for these).

PM me for special PG pricing (they more you want the lower my price) and shipping costs. If you are overseas please let me know on your first PM.

Bone ready to ship (small containers I use for staging eBay sales) I have larger containers filled with bone and horn

Second class box ( at least 20lbs maybe more)

OK I guess I will post some pricing since the response has been dismal. Here is my pricing for PG members in US dollars. PM me for international shipping rates.

Quantities over 100 deduct 10%, over 200 deduct 20%, for shipping on larger quantities than what is listed below please ask. Shipping is based on USPS first class mail under 13oz and Priority mail at weights exceeding 13oz. I accept Paypal, postal money orders or a reasonable trade offer (my needs are limited so make it a good one).

Fender nuts $.50 each plus $5.00 shipping up to 100 pieces, $8 shipping 101-200 pieces

Gibson nuts $.75 each plus $6 shipping up to 40 pieces, $8 shipping 41-100 pieces

Martin nuts $1.00 each plus $6 shipping up to 30 pieces, $8 shipping 31-100 pieces

Saddles $1.15 each plus $6 shipping up to 30 pieces, $8 shipping 31-75 pieces

Extra wide saddles $1.50 each plus $6 shipping up to 12 pieces, $8 shipping 13-30 pieces (can be cut into long nuts for 6 string basses or 8 string guitars)

Buffalo horn nuts $2.00 each (yes only $2.00 each) plus $6 shipping up to 40 pieces, $8 shipping 41-100 pieces

Buffalo horn saddles $3.00 each plus $6 shipping up to 25 pieces, $8 shipping 26-75 pieces

This offer is not open ended, so don't wait.

I accept Paypal or postal Money orders. PM me with questions or inquiries. Yes I will combine shipping on mixed orders and any mixed order over 100 pieces will be discounted. My 1/2lb lots are not discounted they can however be combined with other items for shipping discounts.

I'm going to ask around my local guitar building buddys here in San Diego and see if anyone wants to go in on an order. I remember probably a year ago I grabbed a couple dozen bone nuts and a couple of the buffalo horn nuts. The bone blanks were nice and the buffalo horn was absolutely beautiful! I was so surprised with that product, it shines up to this silky blackness that looks so nice and even feels cool. Quite hard material too, but not hard to shape. More than likely I will grab some more of that buffalo horn just to keep a stock of it because I liked it so much, plus I've been working on a few necks for friends and its a cool option to give them as an upgrade or replacement nut.

Anyhow, these prices are amazing, when I first bought stuff to build I bought a shaped nut from Stewmac for like almost $9 which is insane, even a blank is over $4 for gibson size, which is over $3 cheaper here than stewmac and times that by 25 gibson nuts and you've saved a load of money over $84 and have enough nuts for many future builds. Plus regardless with stewmac you pay like $8.50 and up for shipping, even for a single nut. Hopefully, some friends will want a few and we'll put together an order. Thanks for the deal for PG'ers, its truly a great deal. Hopefully some members take advantage of this great deal, especially on that buffalo horn, beautiful stuff. Jason

I jumped on this offer and ordered two of the "second class" lots. I got my packages the other day and am very pleased at the quality of the pieces.

George was great to work with. The transaction was smooth and the shipping was nice and fast.

I can't wait to see how the buffalo horn comes out.

Thanks for the deal for PG'ers !

• 2 weeks later...

Sale ending November 24th, Dont wait.

Edited by Woodenspoke