First One Complete

Finally!!!!!!!

The specs....

Mahogany body from exoticwoods.com(chambered on either side with ~3 inch wide strip from top to bottom)

Redwood top (from Bob)

rosewood bridge (allparts)

maple neck from exoticwoods.com

rosewood fingerboard (stewmac)

Goto locking tuners from allparts

ebony headstock cap (LMI)

black plastic binding

bolt on neck with truss rod adjustment at the heel

dots are on the side and are MOP

Fender scale length

Fishman acoustic matrix pickup

total thickness 2 1/8"

back control route via stewmac templates

neck and neck pocket templates from guitarbuildingtemplets.com

body design .....from my Takamine and squished around till I liked it

Headstock design......original idea from MJ guitars (the cut out) and the rest morphed from my takamine and a Schecter electric picture until I liked it.

Finish is non-grained filled, Rockhard varnish wiped on and using micromesh until last grit to buff

Here is the link to the pictures

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...67_499311302211

Hope you can see them.

This has been about 3 years in the making....which is sad I know.....but it is finally done! Yep 3 years from when I put to paper, made a plywood and MDF prototype to the final product. The thing really sounds good! I am being biased of course but I am surprised at how it sounds like an acoustic guitar through my amp.

Things I should have paid more attention to.....

Neck is way, way too thick. I used a 1" round over but in a table to round over the neck. Used 50 grit belt off of a belt sander to "shoe shine" to a more round curve. I should have taken more measurements from my guitars to get a better feel of the thickness at nut and body joint but was nervous about getting into the truss rod route.

The other is the finish. Should have taken more time and grain filled, and practiced the buffing process. Do not get me wrong I LOVE the look. But I think I can step it up a notch with a proper gloss finish job.

Do not think I will do another headstock like this one. I do like it a lot because it is a different look. The time it took to handle it though may not be worth it.

Thanks to all here for all the help. I have received some great advice here and other forums and have used every bit! Keep teaching and sharing.

Matthew

Nice flame top, very distinctive. Is there a "player" sound hole or no soundhole at all?

I didn't grain fill on my first either, there will always be 'things for next time'.

At the bottom of the picture page it says I can order a mug with the guitar on it. It's a nice guitar, but no mug for me :D

Nope, no hole on this one. I did do that on the prototype but left it off on this one. Sorry did not know about the mug thing you mentioned.....must be some advertisement for kodak or something.

I am extremely suprised how much it sounds like an acoustic instrument plugged into my amp. I was expecting it to sound more like an electric guitar on a clean setting. It has exceeded my expectations on the sound when plugged in.