Custom Finish For Kit

kpcrash

Posting for opinions - person bought a bunch of parts and came to me wanting the finish of my choosing - just make it look cool for her husband - a former serious metalhead.

waldoinprogress1.jpg

Being a plywood/laminate freak, I figured I'd jazz up the headstock a little bit.

waldoinprogress2.jpg

Top is finished, sides are only sanded to 2000 right now.

Posting for opinions - person bought a bunch of parts and came to me wanting the finish of my choosing - just make it look cool for her husband - a former serious metalhead.

waldoinprogress1.jpg

Being a plywood/laminate freak, I figured I'd jazz up the headstock a little bit.

waldoinprogress2.jpg

Top is finished, sides are only sanded to 2000 right now.

How much do you want to change it? I would lose the red stripes personally unless you also paint on a matching spider motif or the black widow bowtie.

I don't know how you could do it but wouldn't it look cool if it were finished to mimic rusty metal like this one?

Trussart-Guitars.jpg

I agree that the headstock has to change. Nice looking Waldo though :D .

I'm personally not digging the stripe, but I'm not a metalhead. I think a metallic job would be cool, but that is just me. I dig the headstock, though.

Looks awesome, KP. Way to steal the thread, IPA, those look so awesome... Steel and guitars, a match made in heaven. Argh, now I need to save up $5000, or figure out how to make one myself... I can only think of how to plate a guitar in steel and rust the steel, no idea on making an actual body out of it.