Any Good Idea To Fill A Small Gap Between Neck And Pocket

I have a small gap i can see when holding the guitar in the playing position. it is a routing mistake , its probably a 1/8 th inch gap between neck and the pocket in the corner. i nee dto filll it, i figure i will put putty filler in there after i bolt on the neck and ten stain it. any better ideas?

You might want to get some sort of metal or wood shim, then rerout the whole pocket to the right depth for that. Or you could forget the shim, rerout the pocket so that it's the same depth throughout, and then lower the bridge by the same amount. This option may or may not be possible, depending on how deep you need to go and what bridge you're using.

I wouldn't fill it unless it were absolutely necessary.

Is this gap between the bottom of the pocket and the neck, or the side of the pocket and the neck? Any pictures?

sorry guys its the side , well the top corner in playing position. its merely a looks thing, i just had a brain hiccup etc when routing. the veneer suggestion would probably be good.

one thing i thought of is the end of the fretboard does hang over the end of the neck. so i could put some maple under that so it would just cover it and make the neck pocket from teh top look longer.

Edited by sbskates