OK, here's a new story I was told about a week ago. :D (short version) I ran into my friend about a week ago who informed me that I needed to give him a lift to someplace in Connecticut (USA) to see a friend with an old family farm. They need to tear down an old barn (think wood!) and he had to dig out some antiques for his biz. He also informed me of an old airplane that took up most of the main area. He knows nothing about aircraft, yet works at a commercial/ national guard airport! Anyway, after questioning him, the plane has been sitting there since the twenties. His friend's grandfather was a barnstormer and a crop duster. I figured its got to be the most popular plane left over from WWI: a Curtiss Jenny (43 foot wingspan!- my Cessna is only 36 feet). So we'll see and I'll keep everyone posted. Mind, it would need complete restoration, which includes a lot of woodworking and some fabrication. Especially true for the OX-5 engine! It would take years of work and lots of $.

But, back to the wood. It seems the barn is mostly oak, but there may be some walnut and maple. I'll check and see what I can grab. I'm sure it will have tight grain as it's older material. Could be some nice solid bodies or resawn for semi-hollows? I hope its not all a joke; then I'll have to kill my friend and leave him along the side of the road! :D

B)