The U6crash Introduction

Hey folks, I just registered here this morning. My name is John, I'm 27 and reside in Northern Illinois. I have been talking about building a guitar for years now, the closest I've come was assembling a Carvin bass kit. My primary interest is in building semi-custom bolt on builds for myself and perhaps a handful of hand painted jobs that I might try to sell as "art guitars". I'd like to start a project this year, but I'm still mulling the options around and getting prices, etc. Tentatively I had planned to do a Carvin bolt kit with a hand painted faux burst like this:

mockburst2.jpg

Currently I'm thinking of doing that to a Telecaster body, or getting a Carvin Bolt+ kit and just doing some wild painting to it (think Clapton's "Fool" SG, the Hendrix psychedelic V, George Harrison's "Rocky" strat).

Anyway, I'll probably lurk around and post as I feel I have something worthy to contribute. Right now I'm trying to track down all the valuable links and resources your have to offer, as well as other member projects. Looking forward to learning a lot!

Welcome aboard u6! i really like that "false" burst idea you should expand on that! but i'm a sucker for psychedelic stuff so any type of awesome painting like that and you will have won me over!

As far as information goes, this forum is a goldmine of information; so welcome aboard!

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...