Amplifiers

Dan

yeah thats right, a cab = cabinet, aka those big enclosures with 4 speakers in them, and then theres the head that goes on top, with just the controls and electronics in it, so a half stack would be a head and one enclosure with 4 speakers underneath for a total of 2 pieces and then a full stack would be 2 of those enclosures with a head on top for a total of 8 speakers 3 pieces, and combos, aka the speaker and amplifier is all in one enclosure, but can have anything usually no more than 4 speakers in it, a good example is a fender bassman, it has 4 speakers in it, but usually combos are 1 or 2 speaker designs and is a one piece setup.

Kind redundant cause he did answer the question, i just wanted to expand some.

Im thinking of buying a Marshall AVT50 for bedroom use. Im not in a band, and dont plan to be, so do you think its suitable?

The ATVs are hybrid amps, no? Unless you're a tube snob a 50 watt hybrid amp is plenty plenty enough for bedroom use. In fact, some would say it's too much, but on the off chance that you want to go jam with people it'll give you plenty of volume to play with in a full-band situation.

as far as i can tell its just some kinda tone control, its much like you said a mid filter probably, i mostly leave it around 7 to 8 on mine and my buddy leaves his around the 5 o clock spot, honestly i dont know and i just leave it alone and mainly screw with my pedal settings mostly to dial what kinda sounds im after, i dont use the anything except the clean channel with a bunch of boss and dod pedals that i cut a handle hole into a piece of plywood and zip tied em to, aka my own cheap ass homebrew pedal board, but it works, and i also i have my champ amp for the apartment and the marshall i left at friends house, yea 50 watts is more than enough

go for it

• 2 weeks later...