Variation On 12 String Bridge

On my tanglewood acoustic the string are fed from the rear edge of the bridge, much like a classical guitar. It has 2 MOP dots just behind the saddle one either side whuch I suspect are screws or bolts.

I am toying with the idea to have 6 of the strings strung this way and the other 6 strung using bridge pins, is there a reason why this setup would not work.

On my tanglewood acoustic the string are fed from the rear edge of the bridge, much like a classical guitar. It has 2 MOP dots just behind the saddle one either side whuch I suspect are screws or bolts.

I am toying with the idea to have 6 of the strings strung this way and the other 6 strung using bridge pins, is there a reason why this setup would not work.

See I don't have that much experience but I know that if both strings and bridge mixed guitar becomes more difficult to play, better to put 8 strings using 2 bridge pins it would be helpful for you.

Jeanguitar

• 2 weeks later...