Acoustic Neck Damage, Question.

Old Epiphone acoustic steel string. My son's guitar...someone 'sat' on the neck. The stress caused a separation between the neck and fingerboard for about 1.5" from the nut to the second fret. I cannot 'open' the split, but it's there. How would this be repaired? Someone suggested 'Super Glues' with clamping since I cannot get a gap to open.

Old Epiphone acoustic steel string. My son's guitar...someone 'sat' on the neck. The stress caused a separation between the neck and fingerboard for about 1.5" from the nut to the second fret. I cannot 'open' the split, but it's there. How would this be repaired? Someone suggested 'Super Glues' with clamping since I cannot get a gap to open.

Would be nice to know what part of the neck they sat on? Sounds like a headstock forced backwards related crack.

I would start by removing the strings. Loosen the truss rod all the way. Best to remove the nut as well. Put a block under the center of the neck and clamp down on the headstock forcing the gap open. All done with care (use only the minimal about of force) and protect the guitars finish. Then use titebond with a needle injection (or what ever you have available) to get in as much glue as you can. Using a superglue with this method is risky. One you have some glue in the gap make sure it is clamped down tight. Of course after unclamping the headstock and neck first. Clean up any squeeze out before it dries.

You mean "someone sat on it" like in the mirror someone, LOL

I would be sticking it back together with the tears of the person who sat on it. Other than that, when I was playing with runny superglue to fix a crack - which incidentally was a one lengthways through a body from a neck pocket - I drilled some small holes down it, opened it up and put some glue down there with a hyperdermic needle. Now I'm not suggesting that you drill holes in the neck, but once I got used to it, the needle helped control where the glue was going. You waste a bit more glue though with it staying in the syringe and needle.