My New Projects

So i've been kinda low profile lately,. but that doesn't mean i've stopped building guitars :D

these are the latest ones

PRS , spanish cedar body, and a flamed maple top i got from Ebay

The neck is 3 pieces, 2 spanish cedar and the center stripe is puprpleheart. I've used purpleheart for necks extensively, but always opaque finishes, and that isn't fair, it's a very beatiful wood, that's why i laminated it

The fretboard is quebracho, is a venezuelan wood that's really hard, and it kinda resembles rosewood and ebony, it takes very high polish I like it a lot. The inlays are plastic, bought from Ebay.

The bridge will be one of those compensated wilkinson brdiges with adjustable G and B strings.

The pickups will be, GFS Fat Paf for the neck and quite possibly, a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge

DSC03783.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...ck/DSC03784.jpg

Next to it, a Caparison Angelus copy

My original plan is to build it like this one:

2005-05-14RockHard04photobyHenkdeTa.jpg

And in fact i am waiting for the cross inlays...

2005.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

And i don't know, i have been looking all day long to these caparisons with the maple top and the Schaller bridge...but i can only spend 400 $ per year for internet purchases and all i have left are 250 $...we'll see what i decide later on. I did buy a venezuelan wood called Purgo, that particular piece is flamed but i don't know if the flames will show as well as on maple...

This bass is a copy of a Warwick corvette, it's a 9 piece laminate Poui neck, the wings are mahogany and monkey pod, the fretboard is quebracho, 35" the pickup is a GFS Music Man, i know i have it there with a Jazz bass pickup, but i'll buy another GFS MM to make it look like a Corvette $$.

DSC03785.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/edd...ck/DSC03786.jpg

King V, actually, it's a double rhoads, i tarted this project cuz i had pieces of apamate, which is a venezuelan wood, and it looked just like white korina, i remembered Dave Mustaine played a korina king V and here it is.

My original plan was to use a fixed kahler, but seeing it costs 120 $ and i can only spend 400$ per year for internet purchases i passed on that and got a TOM and V tailpiece, as you can see it's a neck thru body guitar. The fretboard is quebracho, qith classic jackson sharkfin inlays.

DSC03787.jpg

And finally a Tele, it's a really old project i bought that tele neck back in December 1999 from Musikraftfor only 36$ and it was a second quality neck...i think it kicks ass...anyways, i decided to build it like a classic tele, since all my guitars have humbuckers, the body is apamate, but that'll change soon, i'll use pine, since i want it to look more original, because i want to paint it with a 3 color sunburst, and binding around the body. Gold hardware and a mother of pearl looking pickguard. The pickups will be GFS.

If anybody is interested in that apamate body let me know, i'd like to trade it for something like a maple top.

DSC03788.jpg