Canadian Refinishers

I order my sandpaper from Stewmac, I use the micromesh stuff. Lacquers I get from all over the place, Watco is a good Nitro Lacquer and you can find it at Rona. You can get sealers and tints at Rona as well

thanks Clapton

thats good news becase Rona isn't to far from me.

I've found some stuff at Benjamin Moore as far as grain fillers, sanding sealers, etc. Also make sure if you go to Canadian Tire looking for sandpaper that your looking in the right spot. Because at my Canadian Tire, theres one area with sandpaper that goes to about 800, and then (like low end fuzz said) theres the automotive section that has the finer stuff. For a long time it didn't occur to me to look in there, even though I had been in that aisle more than a couple times. :D

Good Luck

Edited by WAK Guitars

I've found most of the finer grits at JB Auto Supplies, mostly up (down?):D) to 2000 grit, occasionally 2500. Most autobody supply stores carry finer grits. I've used quite a variety of rattlecan paints from Cdn. Tire, JB Auto even Zellers :D. They had some fine metalflake in acrylic lacquer, seemed to work ok. Also acrylic and nitro clears and colors eg. Duplicolor as well as Minwax high gloss poly. Cdn. Tire also sells Meguiar's deep crystal polish in the automotive section.

I've found most of the finer grits at JB Auto Supplies, mostly up (down?):D) to 2000 grit, occasionally 2500. Most autobody supply stores carry finer grits. I've used quite a variety of rattlecan paints from Cdn. Tire, JB Auto even Zellers :D. They had some fine metalflake in acrylic lacquer, seemed to work ok. Also acrylic and nitro clears and colors eg. Duplicolor as well as Minwax high gloss poly. Cdn. Tire also sells Meguiar's deep crystal polish in the automotive section.

thanks guys i appreciate the info

here are some pics of what im dealing with (mostly due to my stupidity)

picture027ovn.jpgpicture028o.jpg

picture026ulx.jpg

i did the same thing at canadian tire, i found there regular supply in the hardware section but never ventured over to the auto section.

• 3 weeks later...