Corvus Build-off

Just a little vector-art wrangling.

I think I'm the only person who likes this for what it is, warts and all.

I tried tweaking the original design, but nothing really worked. Of course, I only spent about 10 minutes on it.

So I settled on keeping most of it as is, but simply moved the bass side up enough so that the strap button would end up in about the same position along the length as an LP. (Although probably a little bit closer to the strings in the plane perpendicular to them.) I think a little creativity on the the lower strap button combined with this tweak, and you might be able to make this balance.

This is tempting to toss off a quick build of this thing, but between moving and projects I actually care about, there's no way I'd get this done in a timely fashion.

The headstock is left as an exercise to the reader.

corvus.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you use to draw them? Unfortunately, if I try to do that for speculative drawings it takes for ever, but a pencil and paper, especially tracing paper is a couple of minutes...hahaha

Sorry to respond this late. I use Corel draw to do all my mock ups. You need a little time adjusting to it, but once you figured out how to use the Bezier curves, it's pretty straight-forward. It doesn't replace pencil and paper to get the rough ideas, just a different tool, I guess.

That small tweak brings out the bird more...hahahha...better neck support and more heal options as well...still looks a bit weird, not necessarily in a good way! The head is going to be important. I see you have gone fretless...that was one of my ideas!!!!