Paint Leveling And Clear Question

Pestvic

Hi guys i came to you guys cause i know you guys are amazing at this and i couldnt find what i wanted in the search.

ive been using some gloss black on my guitar for finishing and its coming out great. except ive had a couple runs here and there. is it ok to knock it down with some 400-600 grit until its level then put the next coat on? kinda like clear coat? or is that bad for the paint and not good to do? like ive noticed that the spots i do get dull and then its like its almost the first coat again. i dont want to make it look uneven but so far its going good.

heres what its looking like. got about a coat or two then clear

DSC09002-1.jpg

Thanks guys!

Runs need to be flatted with 600 grit,then when the result looks good wipe down with a tak rag remove the residue and slurry and when its clean again spray on another couple of coats to cover and you'll find this should work. What system are you using aerosols or spraygun and what paint lacquer,nitro or poly ???

Runs need to be flatted with 600 grit,then when the result looks good wipe down with a tak rag remove the residue and slurry and when its clean again spray on another couple of coats to cover and you'll find this should work. What system are you using aerosols or spraygun and what paint lacquer,nitro or poly ???

cool cool thanks man im using the spray cans, and im going to use poly spray clear gloss :D

Just make sure ahead of time that the two products don't have compatability issues if you have not done it yet. You don't need to flatten the entire project, just the runs. Use a small piece of hard wood and a small bit of sandpaper to sand down just the run until it is level with the rest of the are.