Question About Clear Coat

ok say your at the stage where your guitar is painted and ready for clearcoat... My question is, it is normal to spray the fret binding right?

I think this is why i screwed up the finish on my previously "refinished" guitar.

when i got my guitar back you could feel a solid line where the paint was then feel the uneven binding. Wouldn't it have been the right thing to spray the clear on the binding along with the entire neck to make the final finish feel smooth and blended around the neck and binding?

Thanks

ok say your at the stage where your guitar is painted and ready for clearcoat... My question is, it is normal to spray the fret binding right?

I think this is why i screwed up the finish on my previously "refinished" guitar.

when i got my guitar back you could feel a solid line where the paint was then feel the uneven binding. Wouldn't it have been the right thing to spray the clear on the binding along with the entire neck to make the final finish feel smooth and blended around the neck and binding?

Thanks

Yes...spray eveything on the neck except for the fingerboard playing surface.

Thanks

Yes...spray eveything on the neck except for the fingerboard playing surface.

good that answers alot of my problem

Thanks

Cliff