Rebuilding My Poor Mangled Tele Body.

Well, I bought a telecaster body a long time ago. It was cool looking: mahogany with bloodwood laminations. Well, I had no skills or any clue as to how to put it together at the time, and I mangled it. I ended up painting and stripping it a couple times until now it's a hideous hacked up mess. The body is all dinged and gouged, so I'll be filling the holes, putting a block in where I hacked my horrible swimming pool pickup route, and laquering it solid red. Yeah, i know, covering up cool looking wood... It has to be done. there's no way I can make it look good anymore with a clear finish, and I don't even think it looks that awesome anyway.

I'm also using this as a guinea pig for my prototype sustainer. When I get it to work, I'll put another system togeher, and that'll be going in my corvus buid project.

I have a neck I bought for it, and I'm also thinking about doing a scallop on it. Not sure about that though, just throwing the idea out there.

To save everyone pain, and myself embarassment, I'm not posting any pictures of the body until I get it presentable.

While I understand everything you posted, I'm at a loss to understand -why- you posted it, you're not asking for help, you're not showing pics of a project...why bother posting about it at all then, ...what is the reason for this thread? :D

While I understand everything you posted, I'm at a loss to understand -why- you posted it, you're not asking for help, you're not showing pics of a project...why bother posting about it at all then, ...what is the reason for this thread? :D

+1

Why not post pics of it "before" or even progresspics?