Tube Amp Question - Blowing Fuses

DC Ross

Okay, not specifically PG related, but I know you guys are more knowledgable than I am about this.

I have a Reverend Goblin, and it just started blowing fuses. When I turn it on, one of the two power tubes flashes brightly, and then the fuse blows. Am I going to need a new set of tubes? If so, do I need to find tubes with similar values to what is currently in the amp?

Thanks!

Okay, not specifically PG related, but I know you guys are more knowledgable than I am about this.

I have a Reverend Goblin, and it just started blowing fuses. When I turn it on, one of the two power tubes flashes brightly, and then the fuse blows. Am I going to need a new set of tubes? If so, do I need to find tubes with similar values to what is currently in the amp?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a pretty good guess that that one power tube is bad. The power tubes should always be replaced with exactly is in the amp. And the power tube bias really ought to be checked, but it's not absolutely necessary. Only if if you want to get maximum tube life out of your power tubes...