Wood Tone Combinations

I need some suggestions on which way to go.

I'm in a long-term build. I'm taking the majority of the parts from the Avenger prototype and putting it to better use. Same shape, better bridge, home-made neck.

The base is 1 1/4" - 1 3/8" goncalo alves. It's going to get a 1/2" - 3/4" cap which will be painted. I'm needing suggestions and input on what ti use for the cap and what to use for the neck. I'm wanting a balanced tone, leaning on the bright side. I THINK that goncalo alves is on the bright side, but that's based only on the feel & weight of the wood and a gut instinct.

For the cap & neck, I'm thinking about maple & mahogany, but walnut is a possibility for the neck. The cap will be thick enough to effect the tone, so it has to be taken into consideration.

I'm just not schooled enough in how the combinations effect the tone to be able to make the judgment call. Any help, input, or general opinions are appreciated.

I'm building a few guitars right now, but one of them is walnut and Goncalo alves. If it's together soon enough, I'll let you know how it sounds. That combination seems to work well, though. Walnut has a pretty balanced sound by itself and Goncalo seems to be on the bright side (this is my first time working with it too). If you compare them by tap tuning, you'll see what I mean.