Zvex?

WezV

i just ordered myself a Zvex distortron on a complete whim

i have an amp that takes pedals well and have been looking at the zvex box of rock favourably for a while

this vid convinced me:

i did play through a zvex fuzz factory recently through an amp from MJW amps. we spent a while trying to get the pedal to self oscilate which involved me sitting in front of the amp twiddling knobs till my ears bled. great fun but i am now sure a fuzz factory isnt for me!!

anyone else have experience with zvex stuff - i always found the little amps quite appealing

yeah, i do understand that there is a certain amount of marketing with these things which is why i have never got one before

but £69 for a fairly versatile distortion seemed too good to miss and personally i am happy i am not paying for a hand done paint job

i realise that i could probably learn how to make pedals and do something just as good myself... but there you go, i guess my time means more than it used to!!

I have a Fuzz Factory and when I use it, I actually use it in the effects loop of my Triaxis - so fuzz on top of various amounts of distortion. It's interesting - and yeah, you can get some pretty rude noises out of it.

I also have a 2nd gen Ooh Wah which I like - but its also not one of those commonly used things.

well i am pretty impressed by the distortron. its essentially a BOR with the variable boost section removed. what you get instead is a subs switch that takes away some of the flab (the only criticism i have heard for the BOR is that it is a bit too bassy) and a hi/lo gain switch to add a preset boost

most importantly it sounds awesome through my amp, just need to try a few more to be sure