Future Build Questions

Brogers

okay if i were to build a Les Paul style guitar with EMG pickups would I have to buy pots wire etc. or do EMG pickups come with everything i need?

2nd Question

I heard you need long shafted pots for les paul types of guitar do those come in with EMGs or can i just make the les paul thinner?

3rd Question

I want to wire it so 1vol and 1tone will effect each pickup where can a diagram for this?

Im probably going to be asking some more questions soon.

1. They come with everything, except the selector switch. You might need some wire too.

2. I think if you buy them in person at a dealer you can request the long-shafted pots, not sure on this though. If not, you can get them for like $15 extra for all 4. Or if you get the 81/85 set it comes with the long pots.

3. They come already wired for that, plus they include a wiring diagram which is also available on their website under the technical information for the specific pickup.

Edited by Keegan

okay if i were to build a Les Paul style guitar with EMG pickups would I have to buy pots wire etc. or do EMG pickups come with everything i need?

Generally, everything is sold separately, but all those other things can be supplied by your local music store.

I heard you need long shafted pots for les paul types of guitar do those come in with EMGs or can i just make the les paul thinner?

The pots are sold separately. The short shafts are generally for mounting onto pickguards. Thats why a long shaft is required for wood mounting. I HAVE used short shaft for wood mounting on maple but the wood can be dangerously thin.

I want to wire it so 1vol and 1tone will effect each pickup where can a diagram for this?

Hey! Lets not get too lazy! Its called GOOGLE time to do some reading. :D