Petrucci Trem Or Wilkinson?

Hello fellow PG's,

Has anyone had any experience with a Petrucci Tremolo? How was it compared to the Wilkinson? I have heard great things about both and I know that the Wilkinson is easier to get your hands on. I like the floating systems, but I don't think I want any double locking trems anymore, I'll just use locking tuners. Any thoughts?

Are you thinking about this for your build? If so, where can you get a Petrucci trem setup without buying the whole guitar?

The limited experience with the Petrucci trem was pretty nice. It was smooth to use and didn't snap back to position as quickly as some others I've used. I don't know if it would hold up to the repeated stress of a hardcore Floyd user though.

I figured if I wanted to get a hold of the Petrucci trem that I could go through music man and get one. You could through Ibanez so I figured why not? Thanks for telling me about your experience. I am not really a trem abuser per say, but I do like to go nuts every once in a while.