Wiring Diagram

westhemann

[url="http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3L11_01

It's got a lever switch, but you can switch it out with a toggle easily. Hope it helps.

Nevermind, not paying enough attention, still trying to find one.

wiring.jpg

Ok, it's not perfect lines, but that'll do what you want. North coil for the neck, south coil for the bridge.

Edited by anderekel

No,unfortunately my expertise in wiring is directly dependant on an exact diagram,and mine has a two way mini toggle,not push,pull switches...though the lever switch is not an issue...

I could rewire it to push/pull switches...but I would rather just find the issue and just fix it.

My volume and tone knobs are not working at all.

To make it worse,these are not american style switches..the toggle and the mini switch are japanese style with little prongs sticking out of a sealed box onthe back..so i can't make out which prong does what.

i may end up having to forget about the coil splitting just to get it working right,and order all of the parts to redo it in a way I am more familiar with.

I did email ESP,but I don't hold much hope of a proper response.

Oh,cool...thanks man...that is great. :D

One very stupid question though..."north" and "south"..."start" and "finish"..i don't get that terminology...Is that the north and south coil?and "start" refers to hot and "finish" for ground?

So "north start" would be the north coil's hot lead,etc..?

Oh,cool...thanks man...that is great. :D

One very stupid question though..."north" and "south"..."start" and "finish"..i don't get that terminology...Is that the north and south coil?and "start" refers to hot and "finish" for ground?

So "north start" would be the north coil's hot lead,etc..?

Yeah. North start would be the hot lead and south end would be the other lead on a wire humbucker.

So, for instance, on a seymour duncan pickup:

North Start-Black

North End-White

South Start-Red

South End-Green

Ah yes..got it...

Turns out when the ESP custom shop wired tis guitar,they were so concerned about making the control cavity look neat that they twisted the cap on the tone pot to bend it out of the way and severed the connection...one drop of solder and all is well.

What is strange though is that the mini sw is not a coil split...it seems to be some sort of bypass...if you turn it on it rerouts the pickups straight to the input jack I think....they call it a "direct" switch...seems fruitless to me,but whatever.