Filling Cracks In The Back Of My Gibson 339 Hollow Body

Hi. I need some opinions about filling cracks in my Guitars. I noticed that it had dried out quite a bit and cracked in several places on the back... I would like to keep the same look on the back of the guitar as the front which is a tobacco burst.. So my question is. What would be the best filler/sealer to let me reburst the back to keep it stock looking?

Just a side note...it took forever to sand through the nitro even with a palm/mouse sander and 80grit paper lol

Thanks

SSS

Hi. I need some opinions about filling cracks in my Guitars. I noticed that it had dried out quite a bit and cracked in several places on the back... I would like to keep the same look on the back of the guitar as the front which is a tobacco burst.. So my question is. What would be the best filler/sealer to let me reburst the back to keep it stock looking?

Just a side note...it took forever to sand through the nitro even with a palm/mouse sander and 80grit paper lol

Thanks

SSS

Anybody?

I can't help you beyond saying that cracks can vary from finish cracks to hairline cracks to great big uggly openings. The proper aproach to each is different. Pictures of you guitar clearly showing the problem(s) would go a long way to getting help.

IMHO finish cracks should be left alone unless they get in the way of playing comfort. Hairline craks can be repaired by the home repair person who has some experience and big cracks should be left to the experts. I would not attmept a first time crack repair on a valuable instrument.