Peavey Wolfgang neck finish

A Wolfgang neck is on it's way in for fret-work. Customer says the fret-board has some "warping" problems. He'd rather I try to compensate for the problem with just a fret-mill, but if that won't do, a re-fret is in order.

I know these necks have an "oil finish" , but I hear different people say it's different kinds of oils.

I've heard it's Tung oil, and to the other extreme, I've heard it's just lemon oil.

If anyone knows what it really is, I'd like to know.

I'll probably contact Peavey, but you know how it goes with big companies. Usually the person answering the phone doesn't know the company product specs that well.

Thanks,

Rob

Looked on their site just now, and found a message by a Peavey employee saying there's nothing but a lemon oil finish.

Never been on their forum before. Peavey can't be too happy about all the messages there, with people raving about all kinds of non-peavey guitars.

I've got a huge bottle of lemon oil, so things aren't lookin' too bad , so far.

Rob

check out this website. look under care and feeding. wolfgangguitars.com

your most welcome, and thanks for the comment. you have a point i'm ice cold. :D

Being the compulsive son-of-a-bitch that I am, I searched high and low for a couple of hours and found out "V82 V50" is also called SHER-WOOD® PENETRATING OIL, by the same company. Did a search on that and got a 'pdf" file with some specs, such as: "uses the same resin as SW wiping stain concentrates", " mix 1 part V82 V50 to 1-2 parts naptha for a penetrating oil solution". Ok, it's getting damn boring (since I tend to run topics into the ground), but I'm almost willing to bet money it's about the same as a Danish oil.