Starting A New Build Ironbird/razorback-ish

Pestvic

• 3 months later...

WOW i completely forgot to update this :D haha yeah its finished ill post some pics. the figure didnt come out as much as i wanted. i forgot why (probably because i sanded back to much) but yeah ill post some pics

Rest of the neck pics.

IMG_3556.jpg

Before final polish i put it together out of eagerness and tested it. it plays amazing. sounds ridiculously good too. incredible sustain and harmonics.

DSC00011.jpg

and the final pic haha

DSC00016.jpg

i cant believe i forgot about this. ive been working on drawing up other builds, i got a GREAT peice of wood that gave me three tops of great figure. ill post pics if you guys want. im currently trying to draw up another custom design that can be truely mine like this one. except more PRS sized and styled. cause well, PRS is my favorite haha.

i also refinished my first build

0314001425.jpg

its completely polished now :D looks awesome

anyway I also re clearcoated this build and it looks a lot better. the figure is a lot more noticable. ill update those pics soon cause its sitting in the bedroom right now :-P

P.S. the tuners on this guitar are wrong tuners hence the strings on the wrong side of the tuners. Does anyone have a reverse headstock tuner set they can sell me? if i get a hold of them the strings will sit right and sound even better. even though it already does B)

Edited by Pestvic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new member here. I just have a question about the ironbird

I recently have a threaded screw hole for one of the neck bolt, and the neck is separating a little. So i took off the neck.

Here is the problem. I forgot to check the length of the screws when I took off the screws until I removed the 3rd screw. Now all i know is the shorter one at the bottom pocket is on the high E string side and another long screw is on the low E string side. I wasn't sure which side the other 2 screws ( one long one short) goes...

Also, I plan on using the toothpick + wood glue method to re-drill the troubled spot.

Thank you in advance!