H-H project guitar

Play4God47

I am starting an H-H setup guitar project. I play mostly rock with a little bit of punk and emo thrown in. I've looked at some Gibsons and Duncans, but I guess I don't really know that much about what's out there. I want good stuff! Price is NOT really an issue. I need sustain....My old Squier Strat just isn't doin it for me anymore. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

-Nate

lol squiers. welcome to the forums. check out www.projectguitar.com read through the tutorials there. you'd be surprised as to how much info is in that site. It's all about what type of guitar you want to play and what you want it to sound like. read through tutorials come back and give us a sketch as to what you want from your guitar. BTW i'm the bitch of the site so ask most other people they have their stuff down i only have sketches down.

Hi Nate,

A few words of advice. 1st: Know what you want to end up with. 2nd: Get Melvyn Hiscock's book on building electric guitars.

The book will go a long way towards getting you where you want to go. But only if you know what or where that is. And :D:DB)

And take lots of pix and post them here.

Take care,

Guitar Ed

Advice worth what you paid for it. Nothing.

I am starting an H-H setup guitar project. I play mostly rock with a little bit of punk and emo thrown in. I've looked at some Gibsons and Duncans, but I guess I don't really know that much about what's out there. I want good stuff! Price is NOT really an issue. I need sustain....My old Squier Strat just isn't doin it for me anymore. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

-Nate

At the risk of sounding like a snob, practically any aftermarket pickup will be able to improve on the sound of a Squier.

the black on the back of the duncan's and the dimarzio's is just shielding paint. read the dimarzio website. they thought it would help with noise issues, apparently the legend out lived the actual idea.

p.s. Ed Roman is a salesman first, then a guitar builder/ player.

ED ROMAN WILL DO AND SAY ANYTHING TO SELL GUITARS AND PARTS. he preys on peoples gullibilty.

as for the H-H setup. I think for the styles you mentioned. i'd get a Dimarzio "Tone Zone" in the bridge position and an "Air Norton" in the neck. then wire them for coil splitting, and series/ parallel. you will get a miriad of tone from that set up... IMO.

good luck :D