Next guest for G3?

Ace

I bought the cd the other day I've heard it and seen it all before though, things like this should be watched and listened to by all guitarists and be appreciated for the dedication to the instrument but this way of playing shouldn't be the be-all-and-end-all of music, some people just can't see past this stage of playing, even if you don't agree with this it's worth thinking about.

some people just can't see past this stage of playing, even if you don't agree this it's worth thinking about.

i think its what the individual prefers, not about seeing past it, there are however a wealth of other styles which should be listened to.

And ways of thinking about sound and music, not necesarily style, thats partly what I'm talking about not getting pigeon holed to styles. Yeah I agree if you enjoy listening and working in a certain way good, but dont be afraid of experimentation. :D

this way of playing shouldn't be the be-all-and-end-all of music, some people just can't see past this stage of playing

I don't know where you got that idea but, though I can't speak for everyone, the thought of it as the be-all-and-end-all of music never even crossed my mind. I only saw the G3 as an opportunity to see 3 masters at their craft (3 of many). As long as enough people want to see it, I see no reason why it should be stopped. If your only reason to see it is the inclusion of Eric Johnson, well I see no point in knocking the rest of the G3 tour on a matter of personal taste.

What your saying is completly right, I think you missed the point of what I was saying. As I said above I think everyone should listen to the music and appreciate each artists dedication.

Maybe I'm picking up the pace a bit to fast, I'm trying to talk about the hole thing in a bit more detail and thought than has been viewed by some people.