Next guest for G3?

Ace

Righty...what the title says. Which guitarist(s) would you like to see in upcoming G3 events and why?

I'll commence:

Paul Gilbert: alternate picking semi-god, a great fun stage persona and in my opinion overlooked by many at the moment (unless you're in Japan)

Steve Lukather: Owns the L.A.. studio scene, has a lot of nice solo songs and the chops to go with it.

Matthias 'IA' Eklundh: Craziest guitar techniques I've seen for a while, very unique and fresh sound

more later

so long

ace

Damn if it's paul gilbert I just desperately hope that it's gonna be some time when I'm in the U.S. coming summer. That would just be total service: stay at LAMA for one week, add some vacation and go to see G3 :DB)

so long

ace

PAULO GILBERTO!!!! he would rock. i have a bootleg vid of him and vai and luke all playing at a benifit. you wanna talk about shreddin. boy they were cuttin heads!!!

what about mr. cooley! he posted on one of my threads suggesting we listen to some of his selected pieces and he sent them to me. that guy knows how to make melody and push his uber skillz at guitar in your face. i would love to see him duel vai. he would probably school him. he seems pretty amazing.

what about mr. cooley! he posted on one of my threads suggesting we listen to some of his selected pieces and he sent them to me. that guy knows how to make melody and push his uber skillz at guitar in your face. i would love to see him duel vai. he would probably school him. he seems pretty amazing.

didn't i tell you he was amazing? :D

was happened to the ¨metal g3¨rumor, with wylde and some other?

it can be pretty cool

That would be cool. Either him or Paul Gilbert. Brian Setzer would interesting... Or maybe someone like Eric Clapton or B.B. King (just to mix things up).

If Wylde would play at G3 id definely have to go see him embarass all those so called "Guitar Lengends" Wylde in my opinion is one of the most versitile guitarist. And he makes acoustic guitar interesting.

I don't think he'd "embarass" Steve and Joe, but he's one motherf*cker of a player. I'd love to see him on there.

I think it about time that the whole g3 thing was knocked on the head it's dragged on way to long now, it was tacky to start with the best minded guitarist was Eric Johnson and when he left the spirit of the project went. Thw whole thing for me it way to comercial, cheesy and for me missis the whole point of making music, these guys are just going through the motions and making a fortune!

Otter Posted on Jan 2 2004, 02:57 PM

I think it about time that the whole g3 thing was knocked on the head it's dragged on way to long now, it was tacky to start with the best minded guitarist was Eric Johnson and when he left the spirit of the project went. Thw whole thing for me it way to comercial, cheesy and for me missis the whole point of making music, these guys are just going through the motions and making a fortune! 

the G3 show is great tho.