I Call Do-overs ! 1,2,3 No Backsies.

Decided to build a neck for it while I'm doing stuff , so .... I took two big cut-offs from that flea-market Mahogany hunk and a slice of teak and put together this :

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

^^ this pic up here demonstrates the darkening effect I used on the Teak. The light piece next to it was from the same board as the FB.

IMG_5216.jpg

^^ Raspy. ....

Scarf joint on a 12 degree angle , thunder-chicken HS shape , 24 frets , fanned fret design , 5th as the vert :D fret - 25.5 on top - 24.75 on bottom , the same setup I did back on my flying scrapocaster. I find it fits my hands real nice.

Teak has been darkened and buffed to 600 grit then polished with newspaper. Using my zero fret/ guide fret again, it's proven itself to work great on the other guitars.

Oh - Rhinestone dot inlays which just look like imbedded mirrors now. :D

• 1 year later...

.....and almost one year later, I pulled it down from its resting place and its "back to the birthing process".

The work I started doing on it got a bit botched, so I shelved it indefinitely.

The inside of it was painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, moons and stars cut into it like sound-holes, and I dropped the neck and made a nice ding in the edge of the fretboard..... :D Bass side, right at the 5th.

I used black dye and bahama blue to make a night-sky type of a shade, then sanded it all back ..... decided I sucked at building guitars and gave up on this one for a while.

since then, I have pulled out the other chambered guitar I was working on too, a flamed maple tele-type. ( which I also started F%^&ing up on... )

will do up some progress pics this weekend.