Guitarnut - Ash Thinline Tele

That's purrdy

Thanks!

I have a thinline of my own I'll be working on soon (hopefully!) I'll be using a walnut body, canary neck, and some Teisco pups I scored. I'll probably be using this thread for some reference.

Thanks. Hope it helps.

Of the three recent builds I've seen you do, the red one, the R-W-B, and this one, this one is actually my favorite one.

Very clean, crisp, and professional, very well executed, I really like it a lot.

Looks like a lot of fun to play! :D :D B)

Thanks Drak! I appreciate the comments!

Wow now that it is all put together it looks REALLY nice!!!!

Thanks much!

Very nice, I like it a lot!

Thanks!!!

Sweet! Very nice job

Appreciate it!

Congrats, that's a fine guit-box!

Chris

Hi Chris. Thanks for the kind words!

Peace,

Mark

Mark - don't hate me - but I don't dig the F-hole on this one. The colors look so 'classic' that the hole just looks off to me. ( Reminds me of the San Diego Chargers logo : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...mp;aql=&oq= )

Absolutely beautiful build , 100% craftsmanship ~~ not knockin it ~~ , just pointing out the 'oddities' in my warped vision.

I think its the natural wood w/ black looks so traditional that the modded hole throws it off in my brain ........

Keep on truckin though - your guitars are beautiful.

Mark - don't hate me - but I don't dig the F-hole on this one. The colors look so 'classic' that the hole just looks off to me. ( Reminds me of the San Diego Chargers logo : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...mp;aql=&oq= )

Absolutely beautiful build , 100% craftsmanship ~~ not knockin it ~~ , just pointing out the 'oddities' in my warped vision.

I think its the natural wood w/ black looks so traditional that the modded hole throws it off in my brain ........

Keep on truckin though - your guitars are beautiful.

I'm not hatin' you at all. I appreciate your perspective. Can't please 'em all. :D I guess it is an odd mix of custom and classiic. On the vent, folks have likened it to a bird in flight, 2 dolphins leaping, clouds at sunset, but not a lightning bolt...always interesting to see the different impressions people have.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Peace,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

That came out beautifully!

Is the vent the same size as the red Tele?

For some reason, on the lighter field with the black binding, it looks BIG to me.

Just a thought...

Have you looked at "The Electrosocket" jack that fits nice and snugly into a 7/8" hole?

It's close to the common round Tele style jack, but it is built like a B.S.H. and the Switchcraft

jack screws into a threaded hole in the cup.

I find the square and football plates look a bit industrial and they also protrude from the clean line of the body.

Thanks for this post...

It was super thorough and I love how you left the pitfalls for us to learn from. BRAVO!!

John