Guitarnut - Walnut Tele

Love your builds ! Do you make any other shapes or stick to Tele's ?

Hi. Thanks! These are my first builds and the Tele was one guitar I didn't own or know much about. It was something new to explore while getting my feet wet.

I have plans for LP. LP Jr, PRS 22 fret, Wolfgang, Strat and a few custom designs I'm developing. I'll be moving on to these in the next month or so.

Peace,

Mark

Hi. Thanks! These are my first builds and the Tele was one guitar I didn't own or know much about. It was something new to explore while getting my feet wet.

I have plans for LP. LP Jr, PRS 22 fret, Wolfgang, Strat and a few custom designs I'm developing. I'll be moving on to these in the next month or so.

Peace,

Mark

*looks at bolded statement with mouth open ....*

Dang man - I thought you were a pro. Your builds are ridiculously pro-looking ! Good stuff.

Peace,

Mark

*looks at bolded statement with mouth open ....*

Dang man - I thought you were a pro.

Too kind!

Let me qualify that statement. These are my first complete builds. I built two strats 6 or 7 years back but only the bodies...the necks are StewMac. I love these guitars but they're rough compared to what I can do today in a decent shop with tools. When I started this second round of builds, I was going to refurb these 2 but I decided to leave them as is...seemed wrong to change them.

maple-strat-lo.jpg

black-strat-lo.jpg

Peace,

Mark

I really like the binding and the walnut combination, really adds class to the guitar. Another great tele. you've really been cranking out guitars lately.

How has that tarp spray booth been working? I'm thinking of putting one together.

Thanks! I thought the combo was classy without being too much. Glad you agree.

Yeah, I've been a man on a mission lately. I have so many more guitars I want to build, too...other than Teles.

I haven't been using the spray booth. I switched to EM6000 water-bourne lacquer, so I can spray in my garage with nearly zero VOCs, no risk of explosion and I clean my gun with warm water in the sink. The results are nice and it's fully cured in 100 hours, or just over 4 days! No cans of junk thinner lying around, no solvent soaked rags, and between TransTint and ColorTone, there's a full compliment of dyes and pigments that work beautifully with it. I like it alot!!!

Peace,

Mark

Edited by guitarnut