Can Anyone Show Me A Soundclip Of This Setup?

~davie

The title and description says it all. Can someone post or direct me to some soundclips of this type of setup? I just want a general idea of the tone.

"Coil-tapped Neck Humbucker(aka single coil mode) in parallel with a middle single coil pickup"

I'm planning to do a very unconventional wiring scheme to a potentially HSH guitar.

Thanks

I'm currently working on a 3 humbucker LP with a 6 position rotary and each pickup can be individually split. 18 different sounds and one of them is similar to what you are asking for: north coil neck humbucker in parallel with the south coil of the middle humbucker. Its not exactly the same but may be close enough to give you an idea. With the humbuckers it is very low DC resistance but the volume drop isn't bad. I'll see if I can get a recording up if you want.

I'm currently working on a 3 humbucker LP with a 6 position rotary and each pickup can be individually split. 18 different sounds and one of them is similar to what you are asking for: north coil neck humbucker in parallel with the south coil of the middle humbucker. Its not exactly the same but may be close enough to give you an idea. With the humbuckers it is very low DC resistance but the volume drop isn't bad. I'll see if I can get a recording up if you want.

Hey Nalo,

Thanks I appreciate it. :D

I have the "lonestar" treatment on my fat strat copy combining half of bridge humbucker with a noiseless middle single coil. But the balance between the pickups isn't that great sounding. I likely prefer the glassy-sounding strat neck+middle position over that one(and opt out the noiseless middle for a regular one). So I'm going with HSH, using just a 5-way switch that will give me the 3 "two humbucker guitar" positions as well as 2 strat tones.