345 Wiring

guitarteck

Im trying to wire up a 345 and it seems the switc is a 2 way not a 3 way it is original all diagrams show this as a pickup selecter any ideas whats up with this?

Looks like yours is an oddity.

Take a look at:

Gibson ES 345 description

Especially the part that says:

"... Three-position toggle switch. Stereo wiring and "Y" cable. Vari-Tone built-in tone selector. Six pre-set tonalities."

I've never owned a 345, but I liked the Varitone so much, I made one and installed it in a floor box.

It resonates differently with each guitar I play through it.

Im trying to wire up a 345 and it seems the switc is a 2 way not a 3 way it is original all diagrams show this as a pickup selecter any ideas whats up with this?

is it really really old? lol

i dunno

well. i think u should just replace the switch. get one of those 3-way toggle switches like Les Pauls or something and you're set! :D

1962 believe it or not it was being used as a sled. took the darn thing out today to get a really good look at it and found out it was bent so it only went in 1 position! My Bad now to find out where the black cloth covered wire that is connected to a bare goes. ugh

Edited by guitarteck