Arcade Button Kill Switch

xfriendsonfirex

yeah they are momentary which means you will have to hold it in to keep it killed, good for the tremolo effect but no good for killing the sound completely....

ive never seen an arcade switch that toggled, it sortof defeats the point of putting an arcade switch in the guitar if you just want to kill the sound.

Sorry again if this seems stupid, but aren't arcade buttons two conductor switches?

if it had any less it wouldn't be a switch :D

If you just ran the hot lead through the switch before the output jack, wouldn't you have to press the switch to close the circuit and get signal?

depends if the switch is NO or NC. (normally open or normally closed)

wire a NO parallel to the output jack ie hot on one contact, earth on the other, when the switch is closed the signal is earthed/silenced.

opening the circuit as in your description will be noisy.

I'm sure there are latching arcade style button switches available if you're that way inclined.

Sorry again if this seems stupid, but aren't arcade buttons two conductor switches? The ones I've seen online seem to be. If so, how would one wire that up? If you just ran the hot lead through the switch before the output jack, wouldn't you have to press the switch to close the circuit and get signal?

depends on the type of arcade switch, if its normally open or closed, you can just wire the hot to ground to kill the sound.

like i said before ive not seen a latching arcade switch but im sure theres similar sized switches that could be used that look similar to arcade ones.