Custom Guitars

cncbcncb

hey guys and gals,

i've been putting together cnc equipment and a shop in preperation for making custom order guitars, necks, fretboards, and complete packages. it could also turn into some custom paint jobs in the near future if i get good enough with the paint guns.

with this post, i"m looking to gauge the interest here in ordering up these custom items to put together your dream projects. feel free to pm me, and let me know what you would be looking for (just a body, the whole guitar, etc.) and what you feel would be a fair price. keep in mind that i can readily source just about any wood you may want, but if it"s anything too crazy exotic, there would be an upcharge. sticking with the basics of alder, maple, poplar, basswood, and even mahogany will keep you in the basic, regular price range.

on a sidenote, i should also mention, I WILL NOT THROW MANUFACTURERS' NAMES AND LOGOS ON THESE. THESE ARE JUST "REPLACEMENT" STYLE COMPONENTS, CREATED ON A CUSTOM ORDER BASIS.

Yeah, If you could make good quality necks for considerably less that a place like warmoth then I may be interested and I have a feeling many others would be as well. It would also be cool if you did prefretted boards like you can get from allparts except offer them in a variety of scale lengths and fret sizes. If you could do that I would certainly be interested.

• 5 months later...

I don't really have nearly the tools (or cash for tools) that I need right now for building properly and was thinking of ordering (or scrapping guitars) for necks for a while to avoid paying for all the fretting tools and everything needed for a neck, but by the time you buy a Warmoth or Carvin 7 string neck, you might as well have bought the tools. 7 string necks are especially hard to find so I can see you having a market in 7 string necks. If you could make a fairly completed (minus the heel portion and headstock) 7 string neck for under $150, I would definitely consider buying.