Warped Neck, Fix

I have an ibanez neck that seems to have more bow on the high strings side, than the low strings, and is also sticking out/back bowed, at the first several frets. So the neck is not flat... I am wondering what the best fix for this is? What would typically done? I heard a couple possible things so far... cutting the wood on the fretboard to make it flat again... I dont like the sounds of this as it is a 1990 Jem777VBK with some pretty intricate inlays. The other thing I though of was adjusting the height of the frets differently to compensate for the warped neck... how would this work? Would it be noticeably weird, playing in one area with higher frets than another spot? What other options do I have?

Also, what do you guys think of the Plek thing?

In one of Dan Erleweine's fretting videos, he fixes a neck/fretboard that was all over the place. My suggestion would be to get a copy of the video and at least see what you would be up against, then decide if it was within your abilities.

Dave knows which video I'm talking about so maybe he'll pipe up here and let you know which one it was.

Good luck.

Buter

In one of Dan Erleweine's fretting videos, he fixes a neck/fretboard that was all over the place. My suggestion would be to get a copy of the video and at least see what you would be up against, then decide if it was within your abilities.

Dave knows which video I'm talking about so maybe he'll pipe up here and let you know which one it was.

Good luck.

Buter

Yeah thats the fretting Basics videos. but I don't think the neck he worked on was warped but more hills and valleys. so he removed the frets and re radiused the board and replaced the frets and so on.

but if you want the vids let me know I have them online.