Quilted Maple Satriani

Nice amp. I like those JVM models. but only if the speakers in the cab are up to it. Celestion speakers are not standard on a lot of the marshall cabs i have seen over here & they realy do make a big difference.

But you are right about the mode 4. realy nice piece of kit on the 2 left channels, especially when you crank it. as for the right side, holy crap. its like the gain goes to 11 :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice amp. I like those JVM models. but only if the speakers in the cab are up to it. Celestion speakers are not standard on a lot of the marshall cabs i have seen over here & they realy do make a big difference.

But you are right about the mode 4. realy nice piece of kit on the 2 left channels, especially when you crank it. as for the right side, holy crap. its like the gain goes to 11 :D

That is exactly right, the quality of the speakers is just as important as that of the guitar and the amp. I have been told that the modern Marshall cabs have Chinese speakers in them, I don't know if that is correct. The speakers in my cab are Celestions, my amp head is the only bit of gear that I have ever bought new, I love the vintage stuff, my cab is from the 80s.

Isn't great to have that much gain on hand, what I like about the Mode 4 is the flexibility in sound, you can get classic Marshall tones but also more modern tones that suit downtuned guitars. Rock and Roll :D

That is exactly right, the quality of the speakers is just as important as that of the guitar and the amp. I have been told that the modern Marshall cabs have Chinese speakers in them, I don't know if that is correct. The speakers in my cab are Celestions, my amp head is the only bit of gear that I have ever bought new, I love the vintage stuff, my cab is from the 80s.

Isn't great to have that much gain on hand, what I like about the Mode 4 is the flexibility in sound, you can get classic Marshall tones but also more modern tones that suit downtuned guitars. Rock and Roll :D

Yip. the amount i can screw about with the tones from it is a joke. set one chanel up for good tone with a moderate gain, another for 80's style metal sounds & another for absolute mental screaming bstard gain that seems to sustain for days. the clean sounds are excellent aswell. I use the one at home for everything from country to jazz to satriani to napalm death B)

of course, it also helps having a truck load of guitars to play aswell.