Jackson Dk2m Floyd To Hardtail And Refinish.

• 2 weeks later...

Primed.

xm4cbt.jpg

ae7af6.jpg

Painted.

21ak4nt.jpg

waoqps.jpg

So now I just have to wetsand all the imperfections off, which there are a shitload of. I kind of rushed the paint process, and I'm curious if the primer was even necessary. I just wanted to get this over with so I could have an additional guitar to play. Honestly, I'm happy with how it turned out so far, you can't tell there used to be a trem there. I still need more work though.

I used BIN primer and that Krylon gloss paint...the Krylon stuff was extremely easy to apply, the primer was a bitch and the spray can kept stopping. A real spray gun would have been much better, but oh well, lol. In the future when I do my own builds, I think I'll stick to oil finishes. For this particular build, I had no choice but to use thick paint to cover up the parts of the trem that were filled.

ouch, those back ferrules look a little rough.

So long as its a player for himself, & the strings come out the front - Who gives a rats ass !!! :D

As for the nitro. Id wait a while for it to cure. Then cut it back & try again. Leave it a few weeks to cure next time.

I usually paint a piece of scrap the same as the body if im using nitro. Then you can test the scrap piece for cutting/buffing, if its not ready you just wait a while longer - no harm done as it was only scrap :D

Last night I dabbed some paint thinner on and smoothed out some of the horrible spots, and put a fresh coat of paint on today. It looks the same as it did before I went to town with the sanding, lol. I'm going to let it sit for about a week and spray some clear coats on it.

Although it came out looking really meh, I've learned a ton. I've already started working on another project.

The finished product:

11qk85l.jpg

21dpq1v.jpg

2afhahx.jpg

So the paint job was a little rough, lol. I don't know if I have this guitar modding thing in me. Honestly, the guitar sounds like ****, has poor tuning stability, and as a whole the project was a failure. Anyone want to buy parts off me? Or should I attempt to make an entirely new body? hahaha