Guitarnut - Chambered Double Cut

The last of the 4 I currently have planned this fall is a chambered double cut. I lucked into some really nice spalted flame maple and I'm really eager to use some of it. The thicker of the 2 billets shown will be bookmtached for the body and the top will be bookmatched from the other billet. The color and texture of the 2 match very closly so I'm not sure if I'll bind it of not...may just round it over and leave it at that if the glue up nicely.

I have a maple neck blank in the shot but I may end up going with a mahogany 3 a side design with a slight heel angle depending on the bridge I go with.

Specs:

Spalted flame maple chambered body...bookmatched.

Spalted flame maple top...no f-hole...bookmatched.

Dual zebra humbuckers.

Volume, tone, 3-way toggle switch.

woods.jpg

More soon...when the weather cools a bit.

Peace,

Mark

I'd personally be tempted to pair a top with a mahogany or limba back, and a mahogany or limba neck. The flame maple neck is very nice indeed, but I'd worry about the whole guitar getting just a touch too busy if you're not careful. I wouldn't really want an all-maple guitar (matched or not), and that's some really nice flamey spalt you've got there, which I would be tempted to use for more than a chambered solidbody block.