Tele Parts Build

this is something i am throwing together for a guy i used to work with. i am a bit bored of making tele's from scratch and am too busy to be making things that dont have my full interest... but once we decided to do a parts build it was a project i could get on board with

scott1.jpg

Spec:

Allparts swamp ash body

Allparts V maple/rosewood neck

Chrome gotoh hardware

BKP custom wound humbucker sized P-90's

and he asked for a really thin, almost oiled style british racing green finish that would wear quite quickly... which i had to think about for a bit. first deciding what he meant by BRG, as we went lighter than a lot of modern cars in that colour

all the pics look a bit bluer than it does in person

scott4.jpg

scott1-1.jpg

scott2.jpg

scott3.jpg

well i use BKP's quite a lot, but for me they consistently sound much better than any other brand i have regularly used. You can get great pickups a lot cheaper though, even custom made ones from damn good makers.... but tim's work is always quality and impresses. so for me they are worth the price, for others they may not be!

my favorite 3 maker of pickups so far are BKP, TV jones and Bulldog

now tv jones filtertrons are awesome, as good as BKP's - but they both make very different pickups with very little cross over in the range so i could not say one was better than the other

but gretsch filtertrons, well i will say that TV jones and BKP are both better than those. notice that gretsch often use TV jones over their own brand pickups on some higher priced models

edit: and dont forget that the prices are VAT free if you are outsde the EU.... thats currently 17.5% you (not you, but other non EU forum members) can knock off!!

yeah. i like the idea - its not as fake as a relic if you get to wear it through yourself

tbh the guy just wants a nice workhorse that he doesnt have to stress about scratching and denting and we were on a budget so it needed a simple finish. i also like that it makes the most of the wood grain and i am sure some would argue for the tonal advantages of a thin finish too

• 2 weeks later...