Hi All,

This is the 3rd time for me being a newbie on forums this year... First on Fractal Audio's AxeFX forum, then Carvin Guitars forum, then now here.....

After I bought my AxeFX, I decided to give Carvin guitars a try and had them build me a pretty awesome DC127 with a spalted maple top... during the wait, a student of mine's father(I am a guitar teacher) was egging me on to build a guitar with him - he's a master carpenter, I have been playing guitar for over 35 years and have worked with wood off an on through my life and always loved doing just that - working with wood, so I decided to come up with the design of my first guitar. Then I had a deep thought while I was waiting for my custom Carvin... why not learn how to do inlay, and make a really cool trussrod cover... I ended up figuring out how to do inlay of MOP and Abalone, silver & wood... started staying up real late at night, started buying woods on eBay, started selling things just to get tools, etc. etc. which brings me to this past week. I had someone ship me a blank neck and the body blank is coming in by Friday and I am really excited, but will need some practice into some pine first. I lucked out finding this forum and I have a lot of reading, studying and shopping to do, but there is no turning back... I spent the last couple days building a sea-worthy workbench, got a band saw, router and more goods are on the way... in the interim, I have made some pretty cool Christmas gifts getting into the inlay side of things - looking forward to reading all the posts here. The more I'm learning, the less frightened I am, and I do know a couple of Luthiers that have been guiding me along the way- wish me luck!!

Virgil