Black Pore Filling In Elm

Let me ask a question..are you talking about the red to black fade or the black accentuated grain lines underneath?

Because the red to black is just done with coats of translucent color over the top of the wood...so open or closed grain makes no difference...but if you want the black grain lines underneath you need open grain I think

Let me ask a question..are you talking about the red to black fade or the black accentuated grain lines underneath?

Because the red to black is just done with coats of translucent color over the top of the wood...so open or closed grain makes no difference...but if you want the black grain lines underneath you need open grain I think

i am talking about the black accentuated grain lines underneath....i made a test today and works pretty well!!

so i am going to put 2-3 coats of black grain filler,sand off and put the colors above...but i am wondering if i could fill the pores with black epoxy for

stronger black color...