Fixing Up An Old Les Paul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... still not sure if i want the relic effect... I'll sand it a little and see how it looks as there's more gouges and stuff than the pics show... and as I used a heatgun to take the laquer off there's some weird bubbly bits that i definitely need to sand out a bit before i can do anything...

bit of a bargain this guitar as it was £90, including a 2x12 carlsbro amp... amp was knackered but i built myself a tube amp and use the speakers in a 2x12 cab!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hugill.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_20110128_144212.jpg

finally got round to sanding it...

thinc it's gonna end up a relic style guitar as I'm struggling to get the rest of that sealer off and it's gone really lumpy around the edge at the bottom...

and by relicing I mean that I'm just gonna stick some hardware on it and some pickups and probably deal with it later on!!

now... just gonna have to have a dig around and see what I've got... got plenty of stuff... :D

crap... should vet pics more before i post em... This is still damp from where i gave it a once over with a damp cloth to get most of the dust off...

will post a drier pic shortly... doh!

Edited by Prostheta
also, have a quick read of the board guidelines regarding image posting and max. dimensions ;-)